Friday, December 15, 2006

I Got A Wolf for Christmas!

~ Wolves are not our brothers;
they are not our subordinates, either.
They are another nation, caught up just like us
in the complex web of time and life. ~
Henry Beston

In memory of my Holly Belle dog that went to the Rainbow Bridge June 13th of this year, my friend Sheryl adopted a wolf for me. I will keep my Certificate of Adoption near Holly's urn.
I've always wanted to help the wolves!
Thank you, Sheryl!!

~ Just received an email from my cousin with this Cherokee Wisdom: (Thanks, Dar!)

Two Wolves
~One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.
~One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.
~The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
~The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf wins?"
~The old Cherokee simply replied...
"The one you feed."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by to visit us!! My goodness there are a lot of cats here!!!! And a couple of pretty cute goats too!! Shaggy is doing better today, eating a little, but mostly taking it easy. His wound is pretty sore where it is draining, but it looks like it's coming along fine!
    -Scooby, Shaggy & Scout

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable gift ! How awful loosing an animal I had it last year and am still unable to write about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting The Bunch!